Young people have had a really difficult time during the pandemic and their mental health and wellbeing have suffered. Referrals, particularly, self-referrals, to No5 for counselling are rising month on month. Our specialist counsellors provide three free sessions per week. To see more young people more quickly, we need to pay counsellors to deliver additional sessions. These are delivered via Zoom (proving very popular) and face to face (under government guidelines). Whether you are an individual or an organisation you can help. And you don’t need to spend an extra penny!
There are many ways you could be our No5 Giving Elves this Christmas and you don’t need to spend more. We fully appreciate COVID-19 has created financial instability for many and so there is something for everyone on our Christmas wish list!
No5 Christmas Wish List
These gifts don’t mean you have to spend any more than you would normally but while you do what you do you will be supporting No5 too!
- Nominate us via Movement for Good – Ecclesiastical Giving #12days. We could win £1,000 to pay for 28 counselling sessions. It will take all of 10 seconds as the form is pre-filled with our details so you just enter yours! Draws will take place each weekday from 7 – 22 December 2020. Once you’ve nominated No5 please spread the word. The more nominations we receive the greater the chance of winning!
- Christmas Cards – Visit Making a Difference. Choose your design (or upload your own), create a personalised e-card or printed card. Donation is optional but very welcome!
- Give as You Live. If you’re buying Christmas gifts, treats or groceries online this is perfect! You can generate free donations for No5 at your favourite stores by using Give As You Live Online. ???? It’s free! ???? There’s a handy app ????️ Over 4,000 stores!
- Co-op. Be an all-year-round No5 Giver every time you shop at your local Co-op. Just register as a member (it cost £1), choose No5 as your cause. We both benefit every time you buy your groceries. Visit our Co-op cause page for further details. If you supported us last year you will need to re-select No5 as your chosen cause.
- Amazon Smile. With lockdown, a lot of us have turned to amazon so make the most of this. Choose No5 as your charity and buy through Amazon Smile. Amazon will then donate 0.5% of the net purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) of eligible purchases to No5. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know so you won’t be paying any more for the same products and you can use your current Amazon account.
Looking to Donate?
- Local Giving – If you would like to donate the cost of a counselling session, £35 or set up a regular monthly donation. You can do that at Local Giving.
- Virgin Money Giving – donate towards the cost of tablets so young people without a quiet space or the right equipment to receive counselling via Zoom can come to No5 and login for a confidential counselling session with a home-based counsellor.
We value all support and funds raised to allow us to provide free counselling and mental health services to support local young people. The more sessions we provide, the more support and coping mechanisms our young people will receive.
We’re Here For Young People
No5 Young People’s Mental Health Helpline is open Monday to Friday. Talking about how you’re feeling to someone you can confide in is very helpful and a good place to start. Text TALK followed by your first name and postcode to 07786 202430 to request a phone call from one of our counsellors trained to support young people (11-25 years). Calls will last up to 30 mins. If you’re in crisis please contact The Samaritans 24/7 phone line (116 123) or email Jo.
We wish all our supporters and community partners a Happy Christmas and here’s to 2021 (our 50th year)!