Want to take on a challenge and raise money to support young people’s mental health? Organising a fundraising event or taking part in a sponsored challenge is a fantastic way of getting involved and supporting No5!
In recent years our team, Young Ambassadors, volunteers and supporters in the community have organised and taken part in sponsored events to help raise thousands of pounds for No5. These events have included:
- Santa Run
- Marathons and Half Marathons
- No5’s #5KinMay challenge
- 5,000 Burpees
- 12,000 steps a day for a month challenge
- Christmas raffles
- Theatre shows
- Reading-Paris cycle
- Reading-Georgia drive
- RideLondon-Surrey 100-mile cycle
- Reading Dragon Boat Festival
- Bake Sales
You could also set yourself a challenge rather than taking part in a larger organised event, this could include giving up something you love for a month, growing your facial hair, shaving your head, or a sporting challenge.
Tips for sponsored events:
- Make it easy for people to sponsor you: We have a JustGiving page (https://www.justgiving.com/NO5) that your friends and family can donate to, or you can set up a JustGiving event page where you can keep your supporters updated on your training progress!
- Remember to tell us: Please let us know if you are holding an event or taking part in one so that we can promote it on our website and social media platforms. We may also be able to provide you with our leaflets and a collection box for donations.
- Ask your employer if they operate a matched giving scheme so that any money you raise is matched by them, or ask whether they could sponsor and promote your event.
Getting your donation to us:
The easiest way to fundraise for a sponsored event is through JustGiving. Your raised money will be donated directly to us after the event, without you having to do anything else and you can share your page with family and friends for them to donate and support your event.
The easiest way to get other donations to us is by donating online, or by bank transfer. We are also happy to accept donations by cheque made payable to No5 Young People and addressed to Carly Newman at 101 Oxford Road, Reading, RG1 7UD.
Are you interested in organising or taking part in a sponsored event? Contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Carly Newman; Operations and Relationships Manager 07342355425.
Want to support No5 and champion young people’s mental health by getting involved and fundraising?
Contact the team - email@example.com or call Carly Newman; Operations and Relationships Manager 07342355425